Sustainability in ministry is challenging. Church planters and ministry leaders live at the point of the spear when it comes to vulnerability knowing that funding has a short 3-5 year window. How do church leaders sustain themselves long term? More than creating self-sustaining churches, how do we help leaders to become self-sustaining?
One of the ways is to launch a new business or non-profit. This goes beyond a way to earn a living, but as a vehicle to also do good, effect change and seek the blessing and benefit of our communities. In this LAB we will explore the intersection of social entrepreneurship and ministry.
- Rhona Mahl | Executive Director, Transitional Youth
- Beth Sethi | MBA & Professor, Multnomah University
- Sean Benesh | Intrepid / The Table Network
- 6:00 - 6:30 PM Mingle / Coffee available through Braking Cycles (cash or credit)
- 6:30 - 6:45 PM Introductions
- 6:45 - 7:00 PM Beth - framework for social entrepreneurship
- 7:00 - 7:15 PM Rhona - social entrepreneurship at work / Braking Cycles
- 7:15 - 7:30 PM Sean - social entrepreneurship and ministry
- 7:30 - 7:45 PM Q&A
- 7:45 - 8:00 PM Sponsors